1. Germans generally keep to themselves, but are extremely kind and helpful when approached.
2. The people are very honest, and the city is very safe - Train tickets are bought from little machines in the station, but there is no scanner or person checking to see if you have paid for a ticket when you board the train - My German friend explained that some people do take advantage of this and ride for free, but for the most part passengers are honest and pay for their tickets.
3. Germany is quiet, organized, and technologically advanced.
4. The pretzels are amazing :)
5. Talented street musicians- I have seen/heard many performers in various cities, but Frankfurt impressed me with talent in instruments such as the accordion and the clarinet.
6. Most everyone speaks English here.
Another Note: Before we had parted ways, my German friend explained to me that the skyscrapers and racial diversity that I would see in Frankfurt is specific only to this city, and is not typical of the rest of Germany.
To see more photos from Frankfurt, click here
I love Jesus and what He has to teach me while I wander around the planet. My other favorite things include: foreign languages, yoga, hiking,
Follow me on instagram: